According to UK law, the driver of a vehicle is legally responsible for the mechanical condition of the vehicle. It is irrelevant whether the vehicle is owned, hired or borrowed. This means that the Driver must complete the following safety checks the vehicle before the Minibus is used on public roads.
Vehicle Pre-Use Checks
On the collection of the vehicle, SSD should have already checked over it. If in doubt, do not hesitate to ask them. For good practice, before you start the vehicle you should ensure that you have checked the following:
- There is adequate water and windscreen wash in the vehicle and that all windscreen wipers are fully functional
- Windows are all suitably clean to ensure driver’s vision is not impaired in any way
- Tyres are inflated to the right pressure and are free from cuts, punctures or cracks and the tread depths are acceptable (at least 1.6mm)
- All lights are clean and fully functional (headlights, rear lights, brake lights, indicators, hazard lights)
- Mirrors are clean and correctly adjusted
- A first aid kit is available if desired and has been collected from the Union
- A fire extinguisher is in the bus
- Brakes and steering are fully operational and effective (ensure checked at the beginning of the journey, somewhere quiet or off road if possible, i.e. Car park)
- Remember to record any damage to the vehicle; dents, scratches or similar, on the paperwork provided at the time of collection
Informing Staff of Problems
If any of the above is unsatisfactory, you must inform SSD immediately on collection of the vehicle and contact email@example.com if there are any further issues.
If this is done before you use the vehicle, you will not be blamed for any damages there may be. If you only report damage on your return, we will have to assume the damage was caused by you and your group may be liable for any charges.
Fault before the journey starts: Report the fault in the Vehicle pouches and immediately speak with a member of the SSD team who will advise you whether it is safe to use the Minibus or not. Where using the allocated vehicle is unsafe you should be offered an alternative.
Fault during the journey/trip: Please report any problems in the Log Book. Where it is a minor fault, ensure that you tell SSD on your return.